Reducing dust entering the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might have a few words mixed up. If dust was entering your CPU it would not work. I think what you mean is that dust is entering your computer case, and perhaps getting on the CPU and other components. You can buy various sized dust filters made for this exactly problem at www.xoxide.com . Just browse around and find the size that mathces your fan sizes. You only need to buy enough to cover all of your intake fans, exhaust fans obviously do not need them.

All that dust is there because of the heat your computer generates. There is no way to stop it, just use a compressor once every 2 months and blow the inside of your case clean. Only takes a minute to do that.

Michowski said:
All that dust is there because of the heat your computer generates. There is no way to stop it, just use a compressor once every 2 months and blow the inside of your case clean. Only takes a minute to do that.

Wow. You are wrong. Heat does not have the ability to create.

Like I said, you can buy fan filters at www.xoxide.com that will greatly reduce the problem.

Airfilters greatly reduce the airflow too.

I would just clean out your computer every 2-3 months, with a can of dust off or a compressor.

It doesnt generate dust it attracts the dust. Look at your tv and moniter and anything else that gets hot and its all dusty. The heat attracts the dust it doesnt generate it.

Awesome. Heat doesn't "attract" dust either. I'm pretty sure TV screens get dusty because of the positive charge generated by the way the picture is created, which then attracts little tiny dust particles.

The only way I could see your heat theory working, would be to say that "dirty" moist air is brought in to the case, then the heat evaporates the water, leaving the contaminants as dust. Now that sounds plausible.

EDIT: Oh, btw. My tv screen gets dusty, but doesnt ever get hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom