Help with Microsoft licensing and reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerberus98

Baseband Member
Hi there everyone, im hoping someone here can help clear up a problem i have. I am starting to build a few computers to sell to a few friends (and friends of friends) and they all want Windows Xp installed on their machines. I want to do it all legally so does this mean i have to buy the required number of full retail copies or can i buy OEM versions (If i can buy OEM versions could someone please explain the limitations on doing this as I read that i have to buy a piece of hardware or something to be eligible to buy it). And also since i will most probably be purchasing and installing the software does that mean that the license is in my name or does it stick to the computer or person buying it as i will end up giving them the disk in the finished system (for a price).
Sorry if this is a difficult post to comprehend as i dont fully understand what im talking about, which is why i need as much help as I can. (this is all basically so i dont get it to trouble pirating software).

Many thanks

im not sure about liscensing but i do know that you can preinstall linux worry free just to get your customers up and running. if they choose to buy a copy of windows themselfs, then you could possibly provide a service to install that for them. i would suggest a linux distrubution called ubuntu linux. it is by far the most user friendly distrubution i have EVER come across. and even better than that, they will ship you as many install cd's as you need...FREE OF CHARGE (you dont even pay shipping!!!!). hope this helps

Thank you ill definetly consider doing this. I was thinking about installing linux but i havent played around with it much in the last few years so i guess it time to have another go at it

Why not go to the Microsoft website and inquire about multiple OEM licenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom