ocz or corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
most mobos dont even reach up to 3.3v you need one of those DDR boosters
That's why the OCZ VX and Mushkin redlines were made primarily for the DFI NF4 Ultra-D boards which can supply up to 4v DIMM.

They are made for EXTREME ENTHUSIASTS and that's what the DFI Ultra-D board is all about

Um, it depends entirely if he is overclocking or not. You need to provide for information than simply "corsair or ocz" in your topic. If you are overclocking corsair are overhyped garbage and ocz will run circles around the corsair "performance" memory, but if you're not, you're fine with either corsair or ocz value

yea but on new egg reviews people are achieving lower overclocks with basically the same stick of ocz, then the (corsair version) which has the same specs

:rolleyes:

That article is almost two years old and probably predates Samsung TCCD chips on Brainpower PCBs. I've said it before and I'll say it again, review sites have always favoured companies such as Corsair and Asus and XFX and other crap because they're the most popular parts in the mainstream consumer market.

I will tell you I have the OCZ Rev2s that were listed in that review (or I think they are anyways), and I have been able to hit 270MHz on them easily and I'm confident they can go even higher. And these are using TCC5 chips which are apparently inferior to the older TCCDs

I've had experience with the chips and I've seen the opinions of people with even more experience than I, and the answers are always the same. Corsair are trash with a flashy name.

I've got Corsair XMS Pro, and they are okay, but not great. Do not justify the cost. OCZ all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom