XP Home installation Help request

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
Attempting to install XP Home. Starts the setup process then i get error (32769) line 5218 in d:\xpsprtm\base\boot\setup\setup.c

Tells me to press any key to continue. Nothing happens. Just a blue screen. What do I do?

CASE TT| XASERV WINGO V8000A SL RTL
MB DFI|NF4 LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR
VGA EVGA|GF 7800GTX 256-P2-N528-AX
POWER SP|TWV500W W0057 RTL
CPU AMD 64 |4000+ ATHLON 64 939P RT
OCZ 512M DDR 400 OCZ400512V25 R
FD 1.44MB|SAMSUG SFD321B/LBL1
HD 80GB|SEAGATE ST380011A 7200
WRLSS-G PCI ADAPTER|LINKSYS WMP54G

Here is what you do:
1) use a OS bootable floppy (windows 98se or ME)
2) Run Fdisk: delete the non-dos partition #4 (I presume you have NFTS file system running?)
3) Create a primary dos partition #1.
4) Go into your CMOS (hit del) and change the device boot prioity to cdrom 1st, hd 2nd and floppy 3rd. You will change it back after XP does the initial copy of file and reboots.
5) Just select boot form cd at the command prompt.
6) NTFS slow format your hard drive and viola!!!!
7) Install XP!
If you do it this way you'll be good to go!!!

I don't have a bootable disk. Or am I able to create one. If I were to go to a store and purchase XP Professional, would the Operating system be smart enough to solve the problem for me. Can I just buy my way out of this problem. I am just so tired of trouble shooting problem after problem after problem with this new build. I just want to be able to play for awhile.

I bought a copy of the Home addition from NewEgg. Is the professional version smart enough to install it self.

No pro and home both install the same go to the site I gave you and make the boot discs for starters. When you do that come back here and we will do all we can to help.

O.K.

I have a floppy with ntfsinst.exe. This is the freeware version from the site you had provided. Umm, I do I know that I have a NFTS file system running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom