Computer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishazsaid

Beta member
My computer isn't working at all, I'm not even getting anything on the monitor. I tried to set the FSB from 333 to 400 and nothing would come up on the monitor. I'm not getting any BIOS beeps. I tried to take out the battery on the mobo and put it back in but nothing changed. Any suggestions or am I going to have to get a new mobo/processor?

EDIT:

Now I am getting the 1 beep for the BIOS and the screen stays blank after that. I just realized I tried to OC my Athlon XP 2800+ Barton Core which is originally 2.085GHz to 2.5GHz but when I took the processor out it didn't look burnt out at all. I'm thinking I have to reset the BIOS but I can't get into it. Any way of manually resetting the BIOS to it's default settings?

to reset the bios, "I BELIEVE", that you take the battery, CMOS battery?, out and leave it out for about 10 minutes and you put it back in...and are the case fans running is it your video card?

You have to locate the jumper on your mobo and switch the joiner over for a few seconds and then back again but I do belive that the battery removal works too.

he fixed it, he had to start a whole NEW TOPIC

EDIT: so the battery thing works, so if i OC my pc i and i mess up i want to know that i can reset my bios correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom