I have a query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom555

In Runtime
Twice this has happened- i had my computer system to freeze for some time and then i had to shut it down. Then after starting it again, just at the moment "compaq" name signs off and a black screen appears...an error sign is shown with a beep!.
Error sign- "I/O ROM Error"....i have forgotten if there was a number written with it.
Any answers as to what is it?.

sounds like hardware failure. you could try clearing cmos and/or changing the mobo battery.

I/o = input/output, rom = read only memory (typically on the mobo)

*sign*

Configuring out alien technology.

"Its been very few days when i came to feel my own pc at my own home. My specification were not much to boast at and i've even forgotten what i was taught in my college. I have only once opened the keyboard section of my laptop, just to check out where is that they say,"to upgrade the ram chip."
What i found was a board filled with complex chipsets and ICs.
Now i feel really lazy to open the case again and check if there is somewhere written- CMOS!.
What i did was after those faults i removed my battery case, and let my pc to cool. After some time, with power directly from cord, i turned on the my computer. And the error disappeared!.

-----------------
phantom"

if it happens again, and its from over heating there is a pad you can get to attach to the bottom (much like a docking station) and all it is is a pad with fans on the bottom for extra cooling.

"Yes , i checked those pics about those so called 'cooling PADS'.
When were they built?. Never heard of such things before. I don't know at what temperatures newer versions of laptop work!. I touched the lower side of laptop, and its very mild.
I would love to do one thing, after my surfing gets over; i'll switch off the mains and let the battery discharge. Supercool.
Anyway, i'll hang on to what's left!."

-----------
phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom