Athlon Xp or Sempron 3000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrHelpful said:
you guys are retarded,agp 8x will work. And athlon xp is faster. Stupid fanboys OOOO PCI-E AND AMD 64 ONLY! IM RICH!!!! AHAHAHHA dumb

AGP is old technology, and you are a N00b!

MrHelpful said:
you guys are retarded,agp 8x will work. And athlon xp is faster. Stupid fanboys OOOO PCI-E AND AMD 64 ONLY! IM RICH!!!! AHAHAHHA dumb

I could be mistaken but The pci-e mobo most likly skt 754 while the agp mobo skt A. I not certain because he did not say this but I dont think pci-e comes in skt A and athlon xp only comes in skt A so that how I made this conclusion.

I take a skt 754 sempron over any skt A chip anyday and it has nothing to do with the PCI-E.

I would need to know exactly what 2 chips we comparing but generally speaking a skt 754 sempron is better then it athlon xp counter part.

Edit: opps he did mention chips names. Yeah the sempron 3000+ skt 754 would be better then a athlon xp 3000+.

You revived a dying topic to add this? Anyways, trolling is a good way to end up in the banned usergroup so quit while you are ahead mate, okee? ;)

The Sempron and the Athlon XP are derived of about the same architecture from my understanding, however the Athlon XP will benefit from the dual channel abilities of Socket A, unless you're talking about a 939 Sempron

gaara said:

The Sempron and the Athlon XP are derived of about the same architecture from my understanding, however the Athlon XP will benefit from the dual channel abilities of Socket A, unless you're talking about a 939 Sempron

A skt 754 sempron has built in memory controller and hypertransport while athlon xp does not. Those 2 things are alot more important then dual channel.

just to note the sempron 64 3000+ cost the same as the sempon 3000+ at newegg so there no reason not to get the 64bit version.

A skt 754 sempron has built in memory controller and hypertransport while athlon xp does not. Those 2 things are alot more important then dual channel.
I was tempted to say that the Sempron had the memory controller built into it but I wasn't sure, especially since the Sempron is also availible on socket A.

Now that I look back, I see the guy that I quoted who decided to a fanboy rant was also the original poster of this topic, so I'll assume his question was answered since he noted that Athlon XPs were faster.

Not to mention he lashed out on people giving him some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom