AMD or Intel for internet surfing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with beedubaya. You can only process data at the speed you receive it. It would have to be a very slow computer indeed to struggle with the bandwidth of standard connections. However, certain programs do hog cpu cycles, such as virus software, firewall, spamchecker....and the list goes on. Some are better than others. I would be very surprised if any new computer available now could not handle a bit of surfing, with room to spare.

CJJohnson said:
No viruses on Linux? I think you will find that the script kiddies are now turning their grubby little fingers to Linux etc. The recent success of Linux will be it's downfall. It was never worth writing a virus for an OS with so few users. Don't get me wrong, I am now starting to dabble in Linux, all I'm saying is don't naively open your system to the internet without suitable protection. Practice safe surfing.

I have suspected that would start to be the case. anyhow, im behind a hard fiewall.

there are very, very few linux viruses. the viruses can not affect linux in the same horrible ways as windows. also the nature of linus prevents the mass spread of viruses. it would almost take deliberate action to infect a linux computer. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/10/06/linux_vs_windows_viruses/

just an old bookmark. outlines security differences. sorry to keep this off topic.

This is off topic, but CJ your quote in your sig is so retarded but funny at the same time >.<

I have always wanted to try Linux.

i had a celeron 533 with 64 MB of RAM and it was painful for surfing.

my computer now is a celeron 2667 Mhz with 768 MB of RAM and its fast

so,
just make sure you have a newer celeron with enough RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom