Getting a new gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBreath

Solid State Member
What company has the best overall gaming computer (desktop) for a price range of $1500 and lower. I was thinking of some computers like Alienware, Dell, Voodoo, etc. but I don't really know which is the best for the price. Please give me some suggestions on some computers and tips on getting a good computer. Thanks for your help.

I buy my new computers at local shops now. You get the 1-year warranty (just drop it off) and generally a pretty good price, too. I'm good with computers but I'd rather not build my own. Its nice to have the shop to fall back on when I have problems.

one thing that would could probably afford to get is a X850 PL for $350 from tiger direct. ya you should defiinatly get the parts to build your own, you will be able to build a much better computer for your money. if you really dont want to, the cheapest company that build computers for you is www.cyberpowerinc.com

definatly dont go Alienware or Voodoo, they are both the most expensive. Dell is pretty expensive too.

edit:

Building your own isnt too hard. its sorta like putting together legos. Im sure that many of us here can help (I dont %100 how to assemble everything in there just because I haven't quite done it yet, but im sure many others on this site do) mainly, I dont know all the little connectors on the motherboard, but im sure the manual that comes with it can help me out with that.

If you dont want to though, I highly suggest you check out that link to cyberpower. I have gotten our last few computers there. the price cant be beat.

DragonBreath said:
What company has the best overall gaming computer (desktop) for a price range of $1500 and lower. I was thinking of some computers like Alienware, Dell, Voodoo, etc. but I don't really know which is the best for the price. Please give me some suggestions on some computers and tips on getting a good computer. Thanks for your help.

Did he say Dell?^^?

Stay away from Dells. If you can't build one, get someone to build it for you.

DON'T DO DELL!!!

They overheat, big time!

Build your own. It was harder to assemble my computer desk than it was to put my computer together. If you don't feel up to building one, look into Monarch Computers. They make some of the best custom comps in the biz.

This is what I might do if I were in your situation. In order of preference-
1. build one yourself with the help and knowledge of contributers on this forum
2. get a friend to build you a computer
3. pay someone to build you a computer who you trust to do a good job
4. buy a machine of an internet retailler
5. buy a machine off a high street retailler

defo build your own. look up some stuff, add it up, and find the nearest fry's electronics. you will save alot.

if you are building a gaming PC i would reccomend some sort of DFI LANParty UT motherboard (there's like 3 of them), along with an athlon 64 of your shoice (depends on what you do really), definately go with an audigy 2, and you can find real good video cards from nVidia and ATi that arent too old but are half decent. aldo look for cheap hard drives with good storage, and SATA if your mobo supports it, and your PSU supports it.

just my 3 cents.

build ur own. its not hard i build my first computer 2 years ago when i was 13. Just open ur case now and get use to knowing where and what each part is. You can obviusly pick out all the main bits like the Video Card,HD,Ram,CD Drives. Putting a computer together is just basically sloting those parts into the correct spots and turning it on.(you do need to put screws in to hold everything in place)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom