What are your system specs?

This is the computer I'm building right now.

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice (Plan to OC this to atleast 2.5, hopefully 2.6).
2 x 512MB Corsair Value-something RAM. (Plan to increase this to 2 GB in about 2 months).
Maxtor 160GB DiamondMax Hard Drive
Probably nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, or 6800 GT.

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Another good reason is to see what kindof system specs others have. Ya know? so if you're buying a comp, and you see like, 10 people or more on this forum using a certain cpu like an AMD Athlon64 3200+ venice core, and they are plenty happy, don't you think you'd feel like you're getting quality parts?

Soon I'm gonna be getting a 6600gt. A rare one, it's an apollo 6600gt. Pretty interesting look onnit, looks like an old gf4 ti series vidcard, but it ain't. I've seen pics and how it preforms, looks plenty good to me. ;)
http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/video/joytechapollo6600gt/

that's a review, card looks like it comes with some good stuff, just need to put on some decent thermal paste is all really. One thing I like about this review is it shows some OCing mixed in. Note how much more a prefromance gain is with ocing the cpu over the vidcard, interesting stuff eh?

yeah buying a computer, that would be good if everyone showed benchmarks too and told what they liked/ didnt like...i could show mine, its a great gaming pc but due to other problems..like standby wont work (not software related) i'd hate to show my specs and have someone build what i have cuz those minor problems do kinda suck pretty bad sometimes.

i did buy an athlon and seeing how many were happy with it, but i'm not cuz after all the benchmarks i did compared with my oc'ed p4 3.4, i got pretty much the same scores, games run maybe a few fps higher but i do regret spending all that money...so overall i still dont see a great reason for specs, but as long as everyone loves it thats all that matters

computers at my moms house:
Mac G4 Tower 1.25 ghz, 768mb ram, ATI 9200 pro with 64mb
A little slow and dated for the price, but its not a bad computer

AMD 2800 64 slightly overclocked
with 512mb ram, GF FX 5700 LE with 256mb(I highly do not suggest this videocard for its proformance to cost ratio, get an ATI of similar price)

At my dads house:
AMD 2600xp overclocked more then the 2800 because it is better for overclocking
with 512mb ram, ATI 9600se with 256mb (bought this videocard before we got the GF5700, spent the same emount of money on it and it kicks the nvidias ass)

Old crappy PIII HP that I'm trying to run Ubuntu linux on. One of its fans was making noise so i took it off and it still runs fine :rolleyes:

Computers I own myself:
Mac G4 powerbook 1.33 ghz, 256mb ram, Gforce Go 5200 with 64mb, 12" 4-6 hours batt life

Im not a mac or pc fanboy, but for the price, this laptop is very small, light and has decent battery life. it also proformes very well for its size

In the mail(should get here tomorrow):
AMD FX-55
ATI X850x PL
2 gigs Patriot EP ram
1 160 gig maxtor HDDs

not much to be said here other then other then :) :D :) :eek: :p :cool: :bald: ;) ;)

Had a 2.4 celery that i posted earlier on but got sick of that piece of crap,Now i only upgraded to a 2600+ sempron and a Msi board but it's been one hell of a performance boost :D

I've got so many it would take all day to post,

Antec 1080 AMG with True 430 p/s
AMD 2800 XP Barton with Volcano 9
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
1.5 gig Samsung DDR
1 Maxtor 160 gig ATA 133 hdd
1 Seagate 160 gig SATA I hdd
ATI 9800 Pro
Audigy 2 Platinum
Memorex DVD and CD burner(s)
Klipsch Ultra 5.1's
19" LCD
Logi MX combo
Probably more I'm forgettting.

I have a couple of P4 2.4's that are my servers, and some others that were old game systems (still have some pretty nice specs :cool: )

As I've just literally built my PC a few days ago, and I've only joined this forum today, I thought I'd let you guys rate my PC:

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ Socket 939 512KB
Motherboard: Abit AX8 Socket 939 K8T800 AGP ATX
Hard Disk Drive: 2 x Diamondmax 10 250GB ATA133 7200rpm 16MB Cache
Graphics Card: Unfortunately my parents surprised me with this a few months ago for my bday, and I really wish they didn't :( I've got a Radeon X800 Pro :(
Memory: 2 x Kingston 1Gb Sticks of RAM
Case: Can't remember the name of it, but here's a picture of it from when I was browsing for one to buy.
Sound Card: Can't remember this one either, but it's not that good.
Screen: Hyundai ImageQuest L90D 19" LCD Monitor

Could someone give me feedback on it? My friend recommended most of the parts seen as I know nothing about the internal workings of a PC. It would be much appreciated!

Cooler Master Cavalier 1 Case
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 739 (i think)
DFI LANParty UT nF3 250gb mobo
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value
nVidia GeForce FX 3600 BFG Tech Vid Card
Happauage! TV card
10gb boot drive
80gb storage drive
Generic DVD reader and CD Burner
Samsung SyncMaster 710v LCD Screen
Sound Blaster SBS 2.1 350 with wooden subwoofer cone
Microsoft Intellimouse Wireless
Microsoft Intelli-keyboard thing wireless
(soon a bluetooth set)
Xbox hooked up to that TV Card
TDK MP100 Headphones (for gaming)
oh yeah, and a gig of ram, 2 512 sticks.

"10gb boot drive
80gb storage drive"

seperate HDs? if so, check the rpms . ..that 10gb might be old school compared to the 80gb that is prolly 5400rpm . ..

if thats partition, then nvm.

no, they're seperate drives. it's kind of a pain in the ass. especially with the ten, because windows wont let me format it for installation of windows XP. and i forgot how to format in command prompt.

Back
Top Bottom