Cant reduce mouse click speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

girishspeaks®

Beta member
Hi!
I use a PIII 833 Mhz Pc with MS Win 98 OS. Right now I am facing a problem with the mouse (COM2). It gives me very fast response for my clicks. For example, when I single click on a folder icon (to select), the gets open ina second( I have not activated single click option). If I sinlge click on an MP3 file it already starts playing in winamp. In short, a single click gives me the response of a double click (at times, you need to double click to open, but it's very rare). I have tried reducing the click speed in the control panel, but of no use. It that a virus? Norton 05 doesn't show any existence of one.

Please anyone help me.
Regards
Girish

have you tried a different mouse? With the cost of a new one, spending more than 10 minutes trying to fix the problem would be a waste of time.

There are accesibility tools available in Windows (been a while since I used 98 tho') for disabled users. One of these options I believe is single click. If you have these options, check that none of them are set in the control panel

He already said that he checked up them, god jhonson....
I had that problem too, when I single click on something, its double clicking. This sound might be stupid, but I changed the mouse to bronze like.

Thanx for that Nuke
You may notice in future that accesibility options and mouse settings are not the same thing.
And the names Clive, not GOD

That will do the same thing also. Its not going to lower his mouse clicking. I think you should clean your mouse also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom