Need a little info about the XFX 6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
im not getting the gt im only able to afford the vanilla 6800 newegg now has the XFX for $164 so im planning on getting that one. I just need a little info about the cooling, size, and whatever esle you thinkwill help. ANd plz dont flame on this card I dont care what you say about the DOA cards that was awhile back. THere havent been them for a while so dont bring it up.
Cooling on this card whats the temps, how good is the cooling for this card. Should i buy a after market cooling device with AS5.

well thats true only thing is. I dont really want to Oc the card nor do i eant to unlock the pipelines. Which the 6800 has. I'n not that save to Oc plus i dont know if i can really do it without frying the card. ANd plus the Price is so close to the 6600gt.

LOL yea i know that part, but ia there a real diff. between the two from DDR to GDDR3. i mean its a 6800gt so i mit as wel get the 164 one thats all i can get for know.

GDDR3 is faster...for 128MB and 256MB the only difference is when you play at really high resolutions...with all the aa and af turned up...if you dont need all the bells and whistles and play at what ever resolution is the highest then the 164 one is good enough...

i bet you can use both cards at the highest resolution, but the 164 one would be less performance, probably just slight, they would be even with fps and all that until you reach past whatever resolution.

what abpouit Ocing this card its a gt as i was not noting to OC the 6800 vanilla but sence its the 6800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom