DVD Burner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn|kal

Baseband Member
Hi all. I am using Nero 6 to burn a .avi file that I filmed with my video camera. I go to create your own dvd and add the file, then I create the menu. It then goes through the entire burn process, then gives me the error message at the end saying The disc structure failed to be created. So, when I insert the disc back into the drive, it appears empty, but Nero tells me there are items on it. So I have now wasted 4 dvd's on this. Anyone have any advice?

I also have the error log if anyone wants it.

I can burn dvd's using other programs, but they wont perform the function that I need nero for.

attached is the error log

Attachments

• err.txt
    36.1 KB · Views: 33
search in google for "nero the name of the dvdrs your using" there is a slight possibility that nero doesnt agree with the media your using, although its more common that the media doesnt work with the dvd drive.

also, try burning it at the slowest possible speed.

Im using Sony DVD+R's and I have a 3.2ghz p4 with 1024mb dual channel ddr ram...I should have more then enough resources to handle the job, especially when PC is idle and only burning.

Does nero convert AVI to DVD compatable files? By you error file it looks as though it has. You could try converting the AVI files to MPEG before you author your DVD. I prefer to use DVD authoring software and write the completed DVD file (or image) to hard disk before writing with Nero.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look at it. Could you recommend to me what you use for it?

And yes, Nero converts the files. My friends have no problem doing this operation. It seems as though only I have the issue.

I also know my burner is working correctly as I tried to directly copy a dvd from my own personal collection of movies, legally, as a backup, using Dvdshrink and it worked perfectly.

Ulead are quite good, but there are many different ones depending on whether you just want a simple tool or a full blown authoring package (with prices to suite). The link I gave rates different software.
You could try different discs (I tend to use DVD-Rs rather than +) but if the discs are working for other DVD writing then this probably isn't the problem.
Have you also tried updating the firmware of your DVD writer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom