Need help getting drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjudd

Beta member
I am trying to help my friend because he is lazy. A virus or worm took out his OS he had it fixed by a friend but they didnt install the drivers so it is using 16 colors and can only be taken to 600x800 pixels. It is a hp pavilion 513w and windows 2000 was put back on here. My questions are how do I know what components he has or what drivers to get? any help would be greatly appreciated as it is a pain to read some things with only 16 colors.

pixels and colors

Hi,
I have the same problem I only have 16 colors and 600x800 pixels, but my monitors seems to be installed with the right drivers, what can be wrong?

thanks Makaveli213,
could you please tell me how to solve this problem?
I"tell you what i did, I had win200 on this comp. it is my sons comp. they could not play certain games on it, so I took win2000 off an installed win98/2e and now I have prob's with my networkcard and my colors and pixels, I know i have a videocard how do i re-install it?

You need to find out what kind of video card you have in the system. The only thing is you need to open it up to find out for sure what it is. Since you dont have the right drivers i dont think any programs will help you find out. You could try windows update but doubt that will work since 98 is not supported anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom