how do i get my tempatures of my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
yes ive noticed everybody in here is like my video card is this tempature or that tempature. how do i see mine? is there a certain program? oh yea i got a evga 6600gt lol

How to enable temperature monitoring on Nvidia GeForce 6600 cards

By "Symbios"

Have you ever wanted to know how hot your freshly overclocked GeForce 6600 was getting, but the card you bought doesnÂ’t have temperature sensor?

Well, good news! All GeForce 6600 cards have temperature sensors integrated into the core. Some card manufacturers choose not to enable them, supposedly to discourage overclocking. But with a simple BIOS mod you can enable the sensor.

Please follow these directions carefully. If you are not comfortable doing this, by all means, donÂ’t!

Programs needed before continuing:

DRD Flash (Optional for Windows 98/ME users, see Step 1)
NvFlash V5.13
Hextreme (Any hex editor may be used, although doing so will make this guide a bit harder to follow.)
Winzip (or any other utility that can decompress a .zip file.)

Step 1: Create a boot disk that includes Nvflash

Windows 98/ME users:

1. Go into “My Computer” Right-click on A: and select “Format” from the context menu.

2. Choose “Quick format” and select “Copy system files”, you now have a bootable floppy disk.

3. Unzip NvFlash

If using Stuffit:
Double-click on "nvFlashv513.zip". Open the folder called “nvFlashv513 - folder“ Drag Nvflash.exe and Cwsdpmi.exe onto the boot disk you’ve just created.

If using WinZip:
Just unzip "nvFlash513.zip" directly to drive A:

Windows 2000/XP users:

1. Insert a floppy disk into drive A:

2. Launch "drdflash.exe" and click “OK”, it will now write the boot disc image to the floppy. Warning: All data on the floppy will be erased!

3. Unzip NvFlash

If using Stuffit:
Double-click on "nvFlashv513.zip". Open the folder called “nvFlashv513 - folder“ Drag Nvflash.exe and Cwsdpmi.exe onto the boot disk you’ve just created.

If using WinZip:
Just unzip "nvFlash513.zip" directly to drive A:

Step 2: Save that BIOS!

1. With the floppy you created still in your drive, restart your computer and let it boot off of the floppy

Note: If the computer just loads Windows like normal, you may need to go into your computers bios and set the floppy drive to be your first boot device. Consult your motherboards manual for more information.

2. Type “Nvflash –b biosback.rom” (without quotes) and hit ‘enter’.

3. Nvflash will now save your bios to the floppy.

4. When itÂ’s done, remove the floppy and restart your computer.

Step 3: Edit the BIOS

1. If you haven’t already done so, unzip “hextreme.zip” and install the program by clicking on “HexSetup.exe”

2. Launch Hextreme (Start>Programs>Mikersoft>Hextreme>Hextreme)

3. Insert your boot disk once again.

4. Press Ctrl + O and browse to the floppy drive. You should find a file called “biosback.rom”, open it.

5. Search for “04031201” (make sure you are in Hex mode, click the drop down menu next to the binoculars and select “HEX”), right after that sequence you should see “10 0A 01 11”. Highlight the “10” in the string and change it to “00” so it looks like this, “00 0A 01 11”

6. Now save the edited bios to your floppy with a different name then the original (we want to keep the original intact incase something goes wrong). To keep things simple, save it as “Biosmod.rom”.

Step 4: Flash your card with the edited BIOS

1. With the floppy you created still in your drive, restart your computer and let it boot off of the floppy.

2. Type "nvflash -5 -6 biosmod.rom” (without quotes) and hit ‘enter’.

Note: You may receive a warning here, ignore it and press “Y.”

NvFlash will now flash your cards BIOS. When itÂ’s done, remove the floppy and
restart your computer.

Congratulations, youÂ’re done! You should now be able to monitor the temperature of your Nvidia GeForce 6600.

Source: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=1945&st=0

or if you don't feel like softmodding the BIOS, you can just buy a temp sensor and put it on the GPU. then get a program like Motherboard Monitor, or a program by the motherboard manufacturer, to tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom