Broken graphics despite fresh install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neondragon2k

Solid State Member
Any help here would be amazing as im going out of my mind. A while back me and a friend were playin games on our PC's on a lan and both our graphics began to screw up, dodgey pixellation and so forth. His was ok, but mine would then turn on, and give broken pixellation instead of the welcome screen.

I reinstalled windows, only to have the computer become unbootable. It showed the asus logo, then hung on a black screen. I decided to get a brand new mother board and new HD. Installed, same problem.

I decide to reinstall windows yet again, and it all seems fine, windows installs and so forth. I install all new drivers and restart. However i notice the progress bar on windows loading looks funny. Low and behold, all pixellation and broken graphics on login.

Reinstall windows once again. Possibly drivers. so all i install are the Gigabit lan and the nforce2 components on the mobo disc. Restart, and once again the same problem. What could possibly be doing this! its driving me insane!

im running
Windows xp Pro on
Athlon xp3000+
200gig HD (tried 2 different ones)
2x512DDR 400 RAM (Tried removing, no change)
Ati Radeon x800xt Platinum gcard

my motherboard is an Asus a7n8x-E

Dont think its bios as this was brought today and is having identical problems to my old mobo. Please help me :)

I would say your video card has been under some hight temps and that has broken the GPU. Dose everything in the bios look fine?, or is that pixleated aswell

bios looks fine as it is. so does that mean the gcard is totally screwed? is it best to try to get a replacement, less than a year old?

hmm yea i could give that a go. btw last time it did this it fixed itself for a while, only to break again

is there nothing else it could be? i in short cant afford to replace the gcard and really need a working pc, so if this is the case i am totally screwed

i use it for gaming lol!!!

btw ive just fixed it!! any guesses? it was something i totally didnt think of

windows sp2!! it was ms all along!! installed another windows without sp2 built in and guess what....its all fixed...completely fixed

SP2 was probably causing a driver conflict. When you had SP2 did u allways download the driver updates from windows update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom