What MoBo and DVD Drives, Case and cooling should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno05

Baseband Member
I am building a new PC and here are the specs currently:

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3800+ Venice Processor
GFX Card: nVidia Geforce 6600GT
RAM: Kingston 1GB DDR
PSU: Antec TruePower 500
HD: Seagate 250GB SATA Harddrive

What MoBo, DVD/ROM Drives, Cases and CPU Cooling should i get?

Cheers

Motherboard DFI lanparty (NF4 is you have PCIE GPU NF3 is AGP) OR the MSI Neo4 for PCIE or the MSI Neo2 for AGP.

Get a case that you like the look of, and is ATX/BTX is you want the motherboard to be upsidedown. It would be good if the case had 120mm fans, one at the front and one at the back, but 80mm fans will be OK. If you get a cheap case, be careful not to cut your self and get a drop of blood on your new PC.

SAMSUNG is meant to be very good for DVD drives, and I went for them. If you get a DVD RW make sure it can do - and + RW.

The Zalman 7700cu is very good, so is the XP90C for thermaltake, but that needs to have a aftermarket fan brought for it, so get a 92 X92 X 36mm fan, and a fan controller. Make sure you buy some Artic silver 5.

Have you brought those parts yet?

OK, change a couple of things around.

Get a 6800gt and then the best CPU you can get with the left overs (3500 venice off the top of my head would be about the same price.) This would give you better performance in the games.

Make sure you get the true power 2.0 as well, as you need a 24pin PSU.

What are you planning on doing with this PC?

Are you going to overclock?

Check you're Private Messages, if you don't want to do that, then please continue the conversation in here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom