System failed memory test

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same MOBO AsusA7v8x and have Samsung 3200 DDR in two 512MB chips. I have not had that problem. However I would not be surprised if it was the memory cause these damn VIA chipsets are picky as hell.

Which RAM to use ?

I have recently bought the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe board, and my old RAM (1 x 512 MB DDRRAM PC2700 333 MHz V-Data), dosn't work with this board :(

They are working fine in other boards, so now I'll have to buy some new RAM.

But my question is:

Which ones do I buy?

I want at least 1 x 512 MB DDRRAM PC3200 400 MHz CL 2, and I DON'T want it to be incompatible with my board ;)

So...Any suggestions ?

Plz help :)

similar problems here...

2x512 crucial pc2700
asus a7n8x deluxe
amd 2600+ 333FSB

things were running fine... overclocked to 200x11 and worked fine
went for 200x11.5 and windows didn't boot even after a no-error post...

from there i decided to go conservative back to 166x12.5 as originally set up.... windows still didn't boot just as before

then a restart and trouble arises!

"system failed memory test" come up over and over again... can't even get to the BIOS.
-tried moving from slot to slot
-tried one at a time

nothing over and over again.. only "system failed memory test"

PLEASE help!

Thanks.

Try to borrow a RAM-module from a friend and see if it will work with that.

It helped me.

Good luck

Failed Memory Test

I have and A7N8X Deluxe, 2 x 512 Crucial PC2700 DDRAM, Asus GeForce FX 5600, two cd drives and a Western Digital Hard Drive. Every once in a while I get a "Failed Memory Test" message on boot. What is worse than that is some times after my computer has been running it will get the same message and then hang with the monitor recieving no output from the vid card and this forces me to restart the computer with the button on the case.

This has become a big problem any assistance would be welcome.

Failed Memory Test

I do not have the latest bios. My HD's are on IDEs. I took out my memory and then put them back and it seems to have fixed it for the most part. It has only happened once in the last few days.

i have the same problem, but it differs from yours...

my computer worked well before i went to holidays, and when i came back it didn´t starts anymore...

system failed memory test!

but it worked for 1 year and now that????

need help

Same problem

I had the same problem after updating my BIOS
I can only boot up windows by taking out the BIOS battery
What sall i do please hlep me

Raziel

Hello,

To all who foulmouth the Asus (nforce2) boards... :rolleyes: If you would have checked the Asus site for your Mobo's specs you would have noticed a section Memory QVL TABLE... It gives you names and part numbers of all SUPPORTED MEM FOR THAT MOBO!!
Therefore: If you blame asus for your memory problem, I guess you can say chances are you did not do your research before you bought yr board...
I have an A7N8X myself and have used it to build plenty of PC's for other people as well, and I must say I have never had any complaints about it and am very happy with it myself.

Sorry if this all may sound a bit harsh, but all I'm saying is before you buy something, find out what it is yr buying.. ;)

Good luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom