So I'm about to start up my computer for the first time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanghoeby

Baseband Member
Just some quick last minute double check questions.

For hooking up the front LED's, Power, Reset etc. buttons they stressed polarity. On the diagram they have pluses, on the conectors I could only find small triangles. Are the triangles supposed to be matched up with the pluses or opposite them?

I'm using an ABIT AN8 SLI mother board and it has two places to connect the "ATX12V" power supplier. First of all, Why? Can I connect them both or should I just connect the one separate to the 20 pin connector? It says that the last 4 of the 24 should be left unconnected.

Are all the jumper in the correct position? I shouldn't have to move any right. I already reset the CMOS.

What is the deal with BIOS? Can I leave all of it how it is for now? Will it all be presetup or will I have to set everything?

Any other suggestions for me to double check before I hit the switch?

1) You won't damage anything by hooking those up wrong, not sure about the polarity, but don't be afraid to try it and see if they work

2) Just connect the 20 pin

3) YOu mean jumpers on your drives? You need to make sure they are jumpered correctly. They don't come from the factory that way.

4) You shouldn't have to do anything in the BIOS, but you won't know for sure till you start it up

BASSMASTER said:
1) You won't damage anything by hooking those up wrong, not sure about the polarity, but don't be afraid to try it and see if they work

2) Just connect the 20 pin

3) YOu mean jumpers on your drives? You need to make sure they are jumpered correctly. They don't come from the factory that way.

4) You shouldn't have to do anything in the BIOS, but you won't know for sure till you start it up

I meant jumpers on the motherboard like the CMOS one. But after doing a little bit of rereading I found that almost all of the USB etc. jumpers are allready in the correct possition.

Thanks for the solid help though.

man i didnt hook up my usb from my case to my mobo because it was too difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom