Agp,pci,and Intel Duel Core

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
can any one explaine to me what is exactly the diffrence between
AGP VS PCI?how do you decide which one is better?
oh one more thing can you reccomend a 64bit duel core intels please..
thanks

PCI-Express 16x is the newest generation of slot types, and has a higher lane speed than the previous-gen AGP 8x. In a sense, PCI-E can be 2x faster than AGP 8x. However, most computer users still use AGP, so card companies still make AGP versions of new video cards that arrive. For gaming, you need to get PCI-E slots for upgrading future cards, because AGP may disappear some day.

As far as Intel Dual Cores, if you really want to go with them, I recommend the Pentium D 830 3.0Ghz 800Mhz FSB Smithfield EM64T processor.

Counter-Strike said:

As far as Intel Dual Cores, if you really want to go with them, I recommend the Pentium D 830 3.0Ghz 800Mhz FSB Smithfield EM64T processor.
you sound as if there is something wrong with them..will the reason i want dual is becouse something i read that said that dual core are very good for gaming and 3d modeling..but if you dont think so i would love to hear what do you think is a good processor,for gaming and very high end modeling(no ploy count very high res modeling and animation)...

Well I don't want this to turn into a fan-boy thread. But I say in my own opinion that the X2's by AMD are better for gaming and such, just all around. Granted they are just a little more $$, but they are great for modelling and especially gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom