Hardware Problem, error included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LINK.

Thats the link to the joystick I got and the downlaods avaliable on the Logitech website. I can't find the drivers though. Its probably right in front of my face and I don't know it. Help, please.

Flanker said:
I didn't install anything when I connected the joystick, mouse, and headset. The joystick was USB so I just plugged it in, set the buttons in Battlefield 2, and started playing. I plugged in the headset to the back of my CPU Case, and connected the mouse to the PS/2 connection in the back also. The joystick is my greatest suspect in this, but I found that its complatible with Win2K's HCL lists.

I ran a search on my computer for those files/drivers and found 3 of em.
The first one was in C:\Program Files\WinFixer 2005
The second one was in C:\in WINNT\System32\drivers
The third one was in C:\Documents and Settings\*My Account*\Application...

I'm thinking the second one is the problem? Should I delete the file or something? If not, where can I get the latest drivers for this stuff? From the Logitech website?
Yes, the second one would likely be causing the problem, hence the error pointing to that file. However, do you know that this file is the driver from one of your hardware devices? This driver may have well be installed from something else. It doesn't hurt to install them though, just make sure to remove them if it doesn't fix.

You can download them by clicking the download button in the link you posted.

I think you can feel safe deleting the driver in ./WINNT/System32/drivers/df_kmd.sys. Ensure to back it up first. However, if the OS is looking for the driver during boot and it can't find it because you delete it, it may simply crap out. Or it may just simply skip the driver and ask for it when windows loads. I'm not sure on this issue so I can't say that deleting the driver will not make your system even worse. Delete it at your own risk.

HELL YES! WHOOHOO! DELETING THE FILE WORKED! BACK TO NORMAL. AFTER THAT 640X480 font of Safe Mode, this 1280x1024 looks BEAUTIFUL lol.

OK, I'm over it. Thanks a lot man. Thats the ultimate use of Tech Forums =)

Glad to see it has been fixed

Just remember that errors will usually tell you (most of the time very obviously) where the problem is.

Will do, lol. I'm just new to this, haven't learned to read all the signs yet...even the really obvious ones, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom