AMD or Intel for internet surfing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need an AMD FX-57, 2gb of high peformance RAM, 74gb 10,000RPM Raptor and two 7800GTXs in SLI to be able to efficiently surf the net.

But yeah in all seriousness, the AMD equivelant of a celeron would be a duron...if you want a tad faster computer for perhaps just opening your browser and common programs you use then you should look into the durons..

256mb of RAM and a 1ghz duron would be more than plenty for adequate surfing of the net

Nubius said:
you need an AMD FX-57, 2gb of high peformance RAM, 74gb 10,000RPM Raptor and two 7800GTXs in SLI to be able to efficiently surf the net.

But yeah in all seriousness, the AMD equivelant of a celeron would be a duron...if you want a tad faster computer for perhaps just opening your browser and common programs you use then you should look into the durons..

256mb of RAM and a 1ghz duron would be more than plenty for adequate surfing of the net

Sempron is the equivelant of a Celeron, since Duron is now discontinued :)

Personally I belive system 1 would be much better. All ya need is a 512 stick of RAM, and a cheap processor and a low end video card. However if you store alot of data, you will want a reliable hard drive.

Well, the duron was the equivilent of the Socket 370 Celerons. The sempron is similar to the Celeron D processors that are out. That's how I understand it anyway...

Ryan

yeah...I was aware of the semprons taking over the durons, but I wasn't sure of how low the semprons actually go in power...plus it's only for Socket 754 right? I was trying to stick to old school with socket A system, plus the durons of yesteryear are probably closer to the power of his current celeron.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductList.jsp?ThirdCategoryCode=010410

1.6GHz duron $40.....that's more than enough power and with a low budget...or you could 'spoil' yourself and pay $43 for a 1.8GHz :p

I have a quick question... Are the intel and AMD operating speeds comparable GHZ wise are do they vary from manufacturer?

nmt6789 said:
I have a quick question... Are the intel and AMD operating speeds comparable GHZ wise are do they vary from manufacturer?

Not comparable GHz wise. For example a 2.0GHz AMD could easily outperform a 3.0GHz Intel in certain tests.

It just depends on model, and what you are testing.

I believe that the Semprons are modified Athlon XP processors for the newer sockets, and last I checked, AMD was going to migrate the Sempron to socket 939

gaara said:
I believe that the Semprons are modified Athlon XP processors for the newer sockets, and last I checked, AMD was going to migrate the Sempron to socket 939

The skt A are modified Athlon XP. The skt 754 and soon to be skt 939 semprons are more like modified athlon 64's. Pretty much not much of a difference between a skt 754 sempron and a skt 754 athlon 64 except the much lower cache on the sempron.

The skt A are modified Athlon XP
This makes no sense...you're talking about a socket, then a processor...Athlon XP's were made for socket A....they aren't 'modified' in any way.

Pretty much not much of a difference between a skt 754 sempron and a skt 754 athlon 64 except the much lower cache on the sempron.
That and I thought they were lacking 64bit capabilities as well....then again I don't read up on the 'value chips' though

Originally posted by Nubius This makes no sense...you're talking about a socket, then a processor...Athlon XP's were made for socket A....they aren't 'modified' in any way.

I ment that the semprons are like modified athlon xp when you talking about semprons that are skt A.

That and I thought they were lacking 64bit capabilities as well....then again I don't read up on the 'value chips' though [/B]

some are lacking 64bit capabilites but amd has recently changed the newer semprons to have the 64bit enabled. When they come out with skt 939 semprons they should all be 64bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom