printer recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdb85

Beta member
i have a lexmark all in one printer, and i had it installed on winXP home, everything worked fine...then i clean installed win2k pro... after i installed printer software, plug and play recognizes printer as usb hub.... i dont get it... (attached is a screenshot of error message) i tried installing thru lexmk cd, tried installing drivers from lexmark site.... to no avail... i am frustrated, if you can think of something i cant... please help... yes i did check the usb connections, tried a different cable, tried different usb port, made sure power was on to printer..etc.

Attachments

• scnshot-1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 9
You are not going to want to here this. why did you install an older version of windows? XP Home has all you need. I would suggest you unistall the Windows 2000 version and go back to your working version of XP home. Unless you mean you installed XP professional upgrade and SP2? If the latter is true, you will probably need to do a reformat and do a fresh install after backing up you critical data. I have had the same thing happen to me upgrading to SP2. Now windows does not recognize an ext. usb cdromrw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom