AMD or Intel for internet surfing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmt6789

Baseband Member
It's probably been asked but I havent found any solid results with a search so, Which would be the fastest for the lowest price? I have a celeron now so I am looking for something faster.

Well if you are just surfing the internet, then keep what you have got. There is no point in getting anything better. I still have a P3 450mhz that works perfectly well for internet, the fan is a bit load, but it still runs web pages fine.

Otherwise get the cheapest, you won't notice a difference between a FX55 and a Celeron 2ghz.

For surfing it doesn't matter. Anything above and including a PIII should be more than enough. My PIII is more than enough for just surfing.

I can surf the web jsut fine on my mom's 300MHz PDA lmao.

Your Celeron is fine for web surfing, no need to upgrade. Find something a buit more intense and then someone can recommend what to upgrade to.

My P3 800 mhz tears up the internet. You can find these old machines... anywhere. If all you're doing is e-mail and web surfing, and a little AIM, then there is no need for upgrades. I guess you have the first generation of celerons?

Ryan

AMD is generally cheaper and would be for your purposes. However, a processor cannot make the internet faster or slower. that depends on your connection speed. Newegg has a cool speed upgrade search tool check that out to upgrade ur speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom