6800GT Unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharpJaws

Solid State Member
my PC crushes after about 30 minuts of game play with CSS or HL2, normal temp on it is 48-50 degreeds, i use Artic cooling Silencer 5, and i have a 400W PSU, my guess is my PSU, but am not sure if PSUs cause problems like that, i get a full screen of Sparks like a too high Overclocking when it crushes, last time it happend i was playing HL2, suddenly the half of the Graphics start to be come weird shapes :? could it be my PSU?

If your 6800GT was overheating you would notice artifacts during gameplay and not system crashes. So yeah, chances are your PSU is bunk. Bust out a multimeter and get some readouts of your rails, if they're under or over volting 5% you're in some trouble.

You also need to check what your rails are rated in amps, probably anything below 22amps on the 12v rail is cutting it close.

And while I'm at it, your sig is too big

oh sorry about the sig, and thanks for the tip, ill try my best at it,

EDIT, i remember playing Splinter cell last night till about four or five hours, :rolleyes: maybe CSS and HL@ requires more power? :confused:

That is why you were asked about your voltage rating, read the second post about the current going through the +12v rail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom