It restarts when i shut down. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

softhunder

Baseband Member
Hi,
You can see my rig in my signature. This pc just restarts when i shut it down so i have to turn it off from the power supply every time i shut it down. Thats strange cauz i ve checked in Bios and i couldnt find any thing which could affect this restarting. Any help would be appreciated.

do you mean when u go start... shutdown...

try clicking restart, and see if it shuts down.

what os do you have?

I have win xp pro and i dont get this problem.
Sometime it just shuts down but then wakes up after sometime by itself but normally it acts like i just pressed restart just the gap between shutting down and starting is a little more than normal restart. I have no clue about that

Its working fine in every other way, The only problem is that i cant keep it off. I have to use the button on the power supply when its turned off otherwise it turns on after a few seconds but the strange thing is that sometimes it just turns off without any problem even though it happens rarely. Any syggestion?

Right click "My Computer" on your desktop or go into control panel and look for the icon that says "System"

If you right clicked my computer then hit "Properties"

Click on the tab that says "Advanced"
Click the button that says "Settings" in the box that says "Startup and Recovery"
You'll see a checkbox in the next dialog box that says "Auotmatically Restart" in the "System Failure" box. Uncheck that box.

See if your system crashes when you shut down.

I would also check to see if you have spyware/shareware running in the backgournd. It "won't shut down" or "always restarts" may be a background program that is univited!!

did you build the computer yourself? you may have wired the buttons wrong and that could cause shut down to restart when you push the actual button on the case. Otherwise its probibly a mobo problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom