Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
when you compare the second last screenshot with the last one, you can see how messy and useless is translucent GUI is.. I was wondering there why there is random color in the header, then i realized that it's the "new" feauture..

the eye candy should at least not compromise useability, and that has done so to a degree..

Why is it illegal to post LH/VISTA pix? they're just screenshots. ok, I take a picture of my screenshot, oh no, google.com is copyrighted! i'm gonna get sued! wtf...

another scheme. i take a picture of one of my fav copyrighted apps, Clipboard Buddy, i'm gonna get sued!! ...

m$ b*st*rds

Well I see things didn't change at all when I was gone....

It's because it's under patent and it reviels "trade secrets" I don't agree with it myself.

But as warez demonstrates not many care or obey.

May not sound like it but good to be back warez I need someone to argue with. :p

Tyler1989 said:
Bah Eric don't lie just because I'm on vacation. WinFS did not fail in any aspect. Beta 1 for it has been released and it will be included in the Premium verson of Vista which ships in 2007 not 2006. Be patient also your list is coming when I return.

furtivefelon not everyone will have the same theme read up on Vista. There are three themes Areo, Areo Glass, Areo Diamond. Each one is better than the other and depending on your vid card you will have a certian theme. Also check the minimum specs on the first post in this thread if you can only use classic theme Vista is not for you heck XP may be too much even.

And yes eye candy is good but I stick to my previous posts it is not everything and one should not judge an OS because of the eye candy. That is why I think it is vital that windows has finally found a way of effectivly reducing the threat of viruses with the reworked kernal. The NT kernal (6.0) has been reworked to follow it's competitors... NT has been changed to restrict system wide control to unauthorised users and threats even while logged onto the administrative account just like Linux. Mock MS for following them if you want but this is one of the best things they ever done. The security of Linux and the compatability of Microsoft together is something impressive indeed.

Solaris yes it does Avolon, Indigo, WinFS, Side Bar, Virtual Folders to name a few. My memory fails me but isn't XP 500 megs with all the new features Vista is holding it puts it up to 2.5 gigs currently in a beta form. How could that be an upgrade this is the next OS no denying that.

TheHeadFL I've used MS-DOS up to Vista Beta 1 this includes all Server Version OS's. For Linux I've used Fedora, Red Hat, Damn Small, Mandriva, SuSe. For UNIX I've used Solaris. My main stream OS's the ones I've mostelly used in my life were. MS-DOS (Two Semesters about) Win 3.1 (Goold quarter of a year) Win 95 (over 4 years) Win2k (1 good year) WinME (quarter of a year or less) WinXP (3 years and counting). Vista (on and off based when new releases are made). I've tried NT4.0 but not long enough to call it a main OS I used but none the less in the time I used it it was buggy.

you need to explain where did I lie?

EricB said:
wow....

you just don't have a clue.

Winfs is leaking too much memory right now and they haven't fix it yet. they also redid the way it was made and it still don't work. they just expect to have it fix by then. I bet it don't reach the public until 2008.

I didn't lie. you just did.

How could I forget you don't worry I am happy to be back so I can argue with you too.

Basically. it's XP plus eye candy. the big new thing was supposed to be winfs. but it don't work. as far as security measures, vista has more in house spying than any other windows OS before it.

Isn't the file system different?

You lie for saying Vista will not include WinFS, you lie for saying it doesn't work. There is a Beta now that clearly works. May not work as well as what you want it to but it works.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

Tyler1989 said:
How could I forget you don't worry I am happy to be back so I can argue with you too.

You lie for saying Vista will not include WinFS, you lie for saying it doesn't work. There is a Beta now that clearly works. May not work as well as what you want it to but it works.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/windowsvista/

Wow..

I guess that you can't read. Where did I say that? Read my whole statements.

READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom