Windows XP Pro indenial about SATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxunlimited

Solid State Member
So my new rig is now up and about, works beautiful. except i cant see the SATA drive in My Computer, yet bios reads it and so does the SATA RAID Configurator (integrasted in the mobo) i think the mobo only supports it in raid mode, cause theres no jumper to switch it to IDE. Anyone know how i can use this excellent drive?

sata drive? Sata is a jumperless drive in whitch you dont need to switch and jumpers. does your computer have sata ports? If so plug them into there and see if it works if not os wont rececnise it.

i did Install the drive fine, and i was refering to the jumpers on the MoBo from switching from RaId to standard parralel. i have tried a hot connect as well. windows will not see this drive. i think its cause of the way this motherboard is, but im not sure,

i think you need to install the SATA drivers. when you installed windows XP/2k they gave you an option to install it during setup also. nothing to switch, they are always on like internal IDE hard disks

you can get any drivers you want from manufacteros web page. Any company for basically any product does the same. Oh and by the way sata drivers are needed to go in by floppy.

bummer i dont have a floppy drive, why cant i just download them and throw them in the drivers folder?

You can. There is nothing that will inhibit you to do that. Download them and then place them where you choose. Once done, then install them though the executable interface, or check your device manager for a problem device. That should be the one.

oh sorry i guess i messed up i meant sata drivers need to be installed by floppy upon installing drive like when you install the drive before everything else but if your doing it and having the drive active yes you can put it in a folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom