windows question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
Hello I have a question about the OS Windows XP, home or pro.
How many times can that os be used or it is it only allowed 1 os for each different computer, so say I just bougth windows xp pro and I have 3 computers with no os can I use that one disk on all of my computers or no?

you can once you dont use the rest of them to surf the internet. that was the advise given to someone the person had a post exactly like this one.

It can only be used once for one computer. After you've used it, though, you can buy another liscense, and I believe, use the same CD for another installation. Although it might just be cheaper to buy another CD as a bargain, than to buy another $100 liscense.

well unless you have a corperate edition of windows xp pro then u can use the same cd key on every computer and surf the web without having to register the cd key

You can use the same key on as many pcs as u want, i use to run one licence on 3 computers. You will not be able to activate it over the internet but if you do it over the phone they will give u the code u need.

And when they ask you how many puters you are loading your OS onto you have to prevaricate (lie), just say one. I refuse to buy more than one copy of os for my several computers in my home. Bill Gates can kiss my grits!!!!!!!! :)

Edit: You can activate it 3 times before it refuses your key. Then you call. It is particularly disturbing to me that I have to call several times a year on the puter in my recording studio as I am constantly upgrading and changing hardware. Microsoft's creating this rediculous problem by creating a OS that goes braindead after significant hardware changes. Assinine!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom