1 dvd drive
1 floppy
80gig seagte ata100 hard drive
sb audigy sound card
ati radeon 9800 xt video card
win tv tuner card
56k modem
and a 300 watt power supply

ok when im using my comp it just resets for no reason like as if i pressed the reset button (it does'nt turn off it just resets.). im wondering if itz because my power supply is only 300 watts (or is that enough). i already formatted and reinstalled the o.s so and the problem keeps happening so i know that it is not a virus or anything. can someone tell me if this is a motherboard or power supply problem or whatever ??

you might wanna boost up the power supply.. I have a similar setup w/ a 2.6ghz AMD, 1gig of ram, epox mb, cd-burner, 1 floppy, 40 gig seagate, ati radeon 9800 pro. I have a 500 watt power supply and it seems sufficient. I would recommend that you get a higher wattage power supply definately. That could be the problem. Try that first.. then move on.

agreed, if you cant get a bigger power supply, try removing some components and see if the problem persists. if the problem goes away then get a bigger ps and put the components back in.

Don't forget, you can not "over power" your system with an upgraded PSU. For example, if you require a minimum of 300 watts PSU, then you should buy something bigger..maybe 430 or more watts. This way you have room to add components in the future.

Also...you get what you pay for with PSU's...don't go cheap. Buy well known, brand name units with good reviews.

a must is buy well built psu(s) a crap one will take your systme out. Id say thats a little under powered possably go to 350w maybe even 400w but no need to go above that. im sorry 500w is overkill and is not cost affective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom