Style XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried them for a while... They do what they are supposed to do, but it just ate up my resources, and bogged my computer down. I'm weaning myself out of windows now though.

StyleXP is a resource eater. Bogs you down and doesnt always work the way you want it to. Some skins just dont act right or work right. I have found after useing it for 2 years now that Windowsblinds is far better and doesnt eat you resources. Espically if they are low in the first place.

i used style xp it was pretty cool i'm not sure about whether or not it uses up resources or not but I think it probably did.
i think that it is ok but don't put on a boot screen i did and i ended up in a really sticky situation i changed the screen and then when the trial period ended i was stuck with the screen and it completely replaced my ntoskernl file ( i think) anyway i booted up the computer and it said something like this " windows cannot start because the following file is missing you need to reinstall the file from your installer disc"
i mean yeah sure i could have used the disc but i didn't have it my brother did so i was stuck with the problem i got rid of it by copying the file onto a disc of another computer but still ever since that i wouldn't go near a boot screen (well i still have that bootscreen)

i realise this hasn't made much sense mainly because i wasn't completely sure of what was going on but just take my advice.
dont use a boot screen
they are technically sound but well they're like a jack in the box with too many easy to turn cranks.

I use it and find that it isn't that big of a hog. You can also tell it to not use any resources...although it still runs in the background.

It runs in the background but it takes resources to get it up and running. While it says it doesnt use resources it still does or your windows would go back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom