Small 6600 gt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have to hit the setup tab when hardware monitoring is open and check the core temp box. You can also check your gpu temp by going through your video card settings. Go to display properties/settings/advanced/6600gt/temp settings.

I seriously cannot find it anywhere in the hardware monitoring program. I've downloaded and installed and searched the program twice, and i still haven't found it. I also tried to do it throught the control pannel like you suggested; still no success. Are there any other programs you would reccommend?

Also, the problem is getting worse. there are now light blue bands of dispersed pixels going vertically across my screen; i havent' touched a game, and when i restarted my computer, they simply materialized.

If you have a tube of thermal paste, you should reattatch the heatsink...

The temperature probe may not be enabled in the video card bios, which you should not really mess around with.

The heatsink is screwed on to the card, and no i didn't do it myself. The friggin manufacturer said the card would be fine for my comp...... DAMNIT.

What brand of 6600gt is it? Have you contacted them? Did you install it yourself, and if so maybe pull it out and put it back in a again, make sure everything is connected properly. I dunno, sry cant help more. I guess if your temps are not configured no program will read them.

It's an MSI card; i plan on contacting them as soon as i can.

I'm pretty certain everything is properly connected, so it's either heating, or something is crappy on teh card (i know it's a small chance, but hell, it happens.)

Thank you all very much for your help; your effort is greatly appreciated.

I have a msi card and it shows temps.
Hmm. im gonna try again. When you get to your card settings, as i mentioned before, do you see a little green oval box with an arrow on the left side of the screen? Click on that and tell me whats there.

DJ-CHRIS said:
It's not a approperiate to laugh at him, publiclly
yes we must laugh like this

*not public* hahahahahahahaha */notpublic*

yeah ive puleld a driver fault before

I have not seen any green oval boxes with arrows on the left side of the screen, neither in the control pannel settings or the riva Tuner thing. In the tuner, there was a thing that said reload display driver; no result.

It's 2:00 in teh morning here man. If i get back to this, it'll be tomorrow afternoon. If that doesn't happen, thank you very much for your effort.

CLIPBO1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom