Whats the point of having 2 video cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanker

Banned
I've seen some people's systems with 2 video cards. So whats up with that? Whats the point of having two video cards?

yes in someways if your making a gaming computer its like frture proffing it for the new game that are coming out, that are going to support SLi.

Having two video cards in your computer gives you (theoretically) twice the video performance (Meaning games will run twice as fast or smooth). Of course its only like 75% or something, but it is still very significant. Nvidia and ATI, the main videocard companies, each have their own way of increasing performance by using two cards. Nvidia calls their solution SLI, while ATI calls theirs Crossfire. If you search for theses technologies on google you will find all the information you could ever want.

Thanks lol. That cleared up a lot of stuff for me. I didn't know SLi and Crossfire were those, lol. So the extra $ for another video card is worth it? How about two different video cards, would those be compatible?

only crossfire can do that ati, they can use 2 different tpyes of ati cards. YOu cant mix ati with nivdia. KNow with Nivdia you have to you the same like 6600gt asus with another 6600gt asus. Get what im saying, it has to be with the same company for Nivdia you also have to use the same 2 card and manufactors too. And yes it is worth they extra money if you can get it. Or you can at least get one card and later get the same 2nd card.

I don't think it's really justified. By the time you actually "need" the power of 2 vid cards (as opposed to one), the next generation card prolly would be the same price you spent before on ur original cards.

So you can just ebay off your old card and get a new one when the time comes IMO. SLI just feels like a waste of $$.

It's retarded, the whole concept of it. If they really want 2 GPUs, they should integrate both on the same bloody card. Will be much more efficient than 2 different cards :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom