Fan Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I have a standard case and was thinking about making a hole in the side panel so I could add an 80mm fan. My questions:

1. Should the hole be placed directly over where my CPU is located for best air flow?

2. Should the 80mm fan be intake to blow cool air into the case?

3. I have two standard fans in the back of my PC, both set to intake. Should I change one of those to exhaust? If so, the top or bottom one?

Any ideas appreciated =)

Need any more info, just ask.

If you put the hole over your CPU, then have it blow air in to match the airflow of the CPU fan.

If you put the fan slightly below your vid card, the have it as an exhaust fan.

Your fans on the back of your case really should be exhaust, regardless.

Another option is to put it on the front of your case as an intake fan.

By front of my case, do you mean like above my hard disk? And if I did that, should I remove the plastic spacer sheets for my 5 1/4 and 3 1/2 drive bays to allow more air flow?

Nah, dont remove the covers for the drive bays. I meant on the front on the bottom half of the case.

Thanks, let me give that a shot.

I'll set the two rear fans to exhaust and the 80mm fan to intake on the front/bottom of case.

My vid card is a problem, the heat rising off of it is blowing onto my CPU. The video card gets HOT. I guess that's what I get for buying a cheaper vid card.

Use mose of your fans or all of them as exhaust fans. I have 2 exhaust and 1 intake. intake fans tend to blow dust into the case :( so if you have an intake put it in the front fan slot usually infront of the hdds where the dust is less likely to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom