8x AGP cards not work on 8x compatible mobo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.P. Mguire said:
I know what the problem might be. My friend bought a 9600XT saphire and needed a newer Mobo that he would allow him to bump the voltage up to 1.6 because it didnt come w/ an external connector. Its a matter of the card i believe and a fault from ATI for not putting the external connector on it.

I assume auto is 1.5 (for the next/only steps are 1.6, 1.7, and 1.8)

Would trying out 1.6 do any damage?

I think the card works, but it is incompatible with your chipset or something like that.

I had a 9600pro that did not want to work with an ASROCK LGA775 board, so after some investigating, i concluded that it was the motherboard, so I switched it out with a gigabyte mobo, and the 9600 works fine now.

I wouldn't be messing with adjusting the AGP voltage.... I have a friend with the 9600se and that whole 'it needs a power connector, but they didnt put one...so they expect you to know to adjust the AGP voltage to 1.6v' sounds like a load of crap.

I'd say uzi's last suggest is probably about the closest to whats happening...same thing happened with my 5700 and an ASUS board...bought a the KT6V MSI board and it then worked

I wouldn't be messing with adjusting the AGP voltage.... I have a friend with the 9600se and that whole 'it needs a power connector, but they didnt put one...so they expect you to know to adjust the AGP voltage to 1.6v' sounds like a load of crap.

I think that you only said that because i said that. I only said something because my friend has a 9600XT and we had to adjust the voltage for it to work right on all mobos we had. Oh yea and he was the one that found out about the connector from ppl who actualy own these cards.

Hmm...weird!

BUT I would like to still try it, if I do, would it mess anything up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom