Disk Boot Failure - A Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinkydo53545

Baseband Member
The DVD & CD rom drive on my Proteva Win 98 computer would not work after being fix a year ago because of a virus. I saw that they were not hooked up. Hooked them both up ( hope fully right ), turned on pc and it gave me

" Disk Boot Failure . Insert System Disk and press enter".

I figured I must of lost everything that I had on my computer anyway (no backup disk , I use this computer for music juke box) so I inserted the small floppy startup disk. It then gave me a A: prompt .

Not I dont know what to do . Did I make a mistake by not taking it somewhere to have them do it. Can anyone tell me step by step what to do. Is there anyway getting it all back ?

Sounds like a simple configuration error. First and most obvious have disconnected all the CD-ROM drives you connected and powered the machine backup to see if will boot that way? If yes then we can take it to the next levels in the troubleshooting process :)

Thanks for answering back.

I tried that and still got the same "Disk Boot Failure " . I was looking at the below website #8 to show me what needed connected.

http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/1909p088id55674.htm

#8 Cable B had been hooked up to my Nero Burner on top (which didnt work since they worked on it).

Cable C wasnt hooked to anything because the Black wide connecter on it , is not wide enough to fit either the DVD drive or the Burner drive.

So since the B cable had two of the connectore attached to it. I put the top Black connecter in the top drive and the second connect to the dvd drive. Does that make sense

Was looking at that website just for a ideal of where the cable went. Too bad there isn't a class to show you how to work on this part of the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom