computer reboots and reports this any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got to love the problems lately now I have something new I guess

My computer reboots then right after it says the system recovered from a

Serious error then it reports this what doe's this mean?

BCCode : 1000007f BCP1 : 00000008 BCP2 : 80042000 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Thanks for the help once again.

I'm afraid I can't help you based off of the code you posted, but try this:

Right-Click "My Computer"
Click on the "Advanced" tab
Click the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" section
In the "System Failure" section, uncheck "Automatically Restart"
Click "Ok" to all windows*

*You may have to restart your computer.

Now, instead of you computer just restarting, it will *HOPEFULLY* give you a blue screen, which may be able to provide you with more information. Write down all the information from the blue screen, and do a search on google for it. Hopefully you can find a fix.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Lonewolf. That error code that you are getting is caused by a bad memory module. I know this because i've worked on a PC in the past with the same issue. The PC that I worked on had (2) 256MB modules. One was trashed. What I found was, I removed one module and left one in. Ran the PC for about an hour, did a few things... And didn't get the error at all. Then I took that one out and put just the other one in. Within about 10 minutes I got that same error again. Took that one out and put the other one in again. Ran the PC fine of another 20 minutes or so. Then took that one out and put the other one in. Within a few minutes, got the error message again.

The fix was purchasing a new 256MB module and throwing the bad one in the garbage. Problem solved.

So if you have more then one module, try what I explained. If you only have one, purchase a new one. Try what i explained. Worst case, it isn't the module, at least you can still use the module.

Good luck.

Well then maybe it is I remember touchÂ’n the ram with my finger on an accident when

putting in my hard drive and cd-romsÂ…so maybe anyway to test the ram to find out if it is bad? in the mean time ill do the other thing and disable the auto restart and see if it does it thanks for everyting....

Disabling auto restart is going to give you the "BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH" Then you'll have a huge error message. If you do some research with that error message it's going to come back as a memory error.

Touching a ram module won't necessarily damage it. Too much oil from your fingers on the leads at the bottom of the module will effect it, but not seriously damage it. Sometimes rams justs craps the bed. And you need to replace it.

Alright man youÂ’re the shit IÂ’ll get some new ram then.

Babbage thanks for that other info will be very handy in the future :)

Well, better safe than sorry :)

Besides, he can use it when he gets his new memory. Just to make sure everything is working properly. :D

Well it was the ram thanks again guys :) both of you ran the tests and it turned out to be

the damn stupid ram IÂ’ll order a new stick of ram IÂ’ll get a gig of Kingston this time?

Maybe I should get some of those ram heat sinks for it too? Would reduce the risk next

time just incase it was my stupid finger that damaged it next time? Well thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom