what size hard drive should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
I'm kinda new to computers and was wondering what size hard drive I should get for storing all my games, music, ect. I want enough space to store all my music downloads and games for several years.

also I was wondering, should I get a seperate WD Raptor 10K rpm drive to store windows xp on for better performence? and if so, what size should that one be?

if you got the cash, yes get a fast one for windows. (just small)

i rekon anything over 200Gb should be ok for some time.

36gb for xp and other programs.
150gb + for storage

or if u dont want to spend 115 on a 36gb hd get a 7200 one but still use the seperate drive for xp incase u need to reformat.

Cool, thanks for the replies.

Now this may sound dumb but this isn't what they call a RAID-0 configuration is it?

And specifically what kind of a performance increase will doing this provide? Faster load times in games? I just want to make sure the cost of this extra drive is worth it because it will add cost to my already pretty expensive build I'm planning.

one last question, will having two drives be much noisier than one, especially since one will be a 10K rpm? I'm getting a good sound setup and I don't want to have an overly loud PC roaring away next to me, making the expensive sound less enjoyable. lol

For storage on my comp, I have a 250 gig harddrive. It fills up quickly with movies, music, pictures, games, etc... I just reformatted and wiped the drive clean just a week or so ago and already I have used 40 percent of the capacity. I should have gone with a 300+ gig at least. It's all on the user, how much data do you have and much do you aquire and how fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom