AMD Sempron 3000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfon

Baseband Member
Im interested in buying a refurbished AMD Sempron 3000+.

This pc fits into my budget perfectly
AMD Sempron 3000+
512mb RAM
120GB Hard Drive

Im interested into know how come this pc was returned by someone else but the company does not provide that information, so I was thinking to make this pc brand new I would have to buy a newer gpu
---
How much would it cost for me to get a newer gpu? Price does not matter. Also do you think I could play some now and day games such as, bf2 on this system or cannot it handle it?

I dont want to spend ALOT on a pc so I found this refurbished computer :)

Needs more ram for BF2, at least a gig.

Also, the graphics card depends on what slot it has, PCI, PCI-E, AGP

If it has PCI, your no go for BF2

Ah ok, thanks. I was just useing bf2 as an example but hey I think I will go an ahead and do what you said, I will problem but Call of duty or Medal of Honor on this computer only.

But for main reasons
**This pc will really not be used for games but I may play some once every 5 months or something**

Now it comes with this:
Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP1

I was thinking, to get Microsoft® Windows® XP Pro
Do you think I should get pro?

If you don't know how pro is going to be different and more useful to you, you defiantly do not need pro.

You can also upgrade to service pack 2 for free.

you dont need a gig but it is very helpful, but ive played bf2 on 512mb ddr400 and once the game loaded it was fine. but yea i would suggest a gig also. for a good gpu it all depends on how much. 150$ 6600GT 320$ 6800GT 375$ 6800gt ultra and 500$ 7800GTX.

I play BF2 on my system no problems and PRO w/out SP2 is the best for me. I know the things it comes w/ and all that plus SP2 is crap, just crap.

DJ-CHRIS said:
If you don't know how pro is going to be different and more useful to you, you defiantly do not need pro.

You can also upgrade to service pack 2 for free.

I dont get you here, ok your saying this.

If I dont know how pro is going and how its going to help me out more and be more USEFUL then I shouldent buy pro.
-
That makes no sense to me, so your telling me NOT to buy something that can be more useful to me than home?

Am I correct on saying this " Try something new ". Your telling me to stick to my same oll os and not move up a little because home is less useful than windows xp pro, to be honoest it sounds like you dont want me to get it for a reason. Just to make you happy, Im going to make my order on newegg after this post.!!

--------------------------

Everyone else who posted, thanks for the helpful information should I provide the motherabords name and specs and everything so you guys can see if it already has a video card intheir or something?

B.t.w I only quoted this person above because he made a answer I dont understand call me stupid but hey :p.

Dude what he is saying is dont spend money on something if you dont know what the extras are. Its pointless to spend cash on something you dont know how to use. So basicaly saying Home will do you fine unless you figure out what Pro provides and can use the extra benefiets.

Oh!!!! Thank you! I know it has a lot of more feautres on it but I've already put an order on Windows XP Pro so.... we'll see from there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom