5600 or ATi Similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
Ive been thinking of investing in a new video card (i need it... my current card is a Radeon VE (7000))

Ive been recently looking at the 5600, and thought it would be a great card for what i would like to use it for. I want to play games like UT2003, Planetside, and Call of duty, but i am forced to use my bro's compy (that has a 5200)
-----------note = i have to get something better than him--------
-----------------------you know how it is...--------------------------------

So is this a good move? is there an ATi Equivalent that is better in value? am i retarded?

To tell the truth, im really tight on cash so im looking for a card with a price less-than-or-equal-to approx $100

Any responce would be appreciated.

u can get a nice ATI card, made by an OEM company like Saphire or Power Color for 50-100 less then what ud pay for "ATI Built"

Look around PriceWatch, not to be mean but the grafx processor may out due your box :)

get ati 9200 pro 98$$
nivida and geforce cards are junk im sorry. And does not really support direct x9 and the graphics compared to ati has no comparison

Just to throw this into the open:

I just Upgraded my compy (pretty much a new one) via NewEgg, but didnt have enough money for a gfx card... until recently. i can save some more money if need-be, but i would still rather keep the price near or under 100 bucks.

wow... i cant believe i completely forgot about pricewatch!

anything bad about the 9200 being only a "DX8.1" card? should i make sure i buy a 9.0-type card?

once again 9200pro=98$
realiable and very good card for price
Oem video cards most of the time run at lower clock speeds and such even though its originle manufactoride item

alecjahn said:
Ive been thinking of investing in a new video card (i need it... my current card is a Radeon VE (7000))

Ive been recently looking at the 5600, and thought it would be a great card for what i would like to use it for. I want to play games like UT2003, Planetside, and Call of duty, but i am forced to use my bro's compy (that has a 5200)
-----------note = i have to get something better than him--------
-----------------------you know how it is...--------------------------------

So is this a good move? is there an ATi Equivalent that is better in value? am i retarded?

To tell the truth, im really tight on cash so im looking for a card with a price less-than-or-equal-to approx $100

Any responce would be appreciated.
you said 5600 up here making me think the fx geforce nividia 5600? if your talking about 9600 raidon pro or xt yes its a great card very well built

XT said:
get ati 9200 pro 98$$
nivida and geforce cards are junk im sorry. And does not really support direct x9 and the graphics compared to ati has no comparison

Uhh, the GeForce FX cards are DirectX 9-capable.

To be blatant, the ATI Radeon 9200 Pro, will only give you a 5-10 fps increase in certain games, while performing worse than the 5200 in others (plus lack of DX9 capability, but I seriously doubt that the potential performance of any future games would be any good if it were supported)

The only other DX9 capable card I know of under $100 is the Radeon 9600 SE, but its crippled 64-bit memory path greatly cuts its performance.

You may want to check out this article:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/value-2003/index.html

i really have to dissagree martin the 9200pro will out shoot the fx5200 card anyday. Seeing as how your a mod and i respect your opinion i took the 9200 pro which is in my comp and the fx5200pro in my brothers comp and the ati is id have to say better graphics wize. Basic same systme. Ati would wipe the floor with nivida any day.
9200 runs at 250mhz core speed compared to 5200 which is at 200mhz and memory for 9200 runs at 400mhz while fx5200 333mhz. Well iv had my rant but i may ahev over stated fx dont support direct x9 in fact they do but have problems with it. But everything else is the same between those two cards its personal choice nivida or ati i like ati some like nivida but hey its up to you

sry i forgot to actually say that i meant the nVidia GeForceFX 5600 (or PRO or XT)

I am sorta leaning toward nVidia cards these days, as im not a huge ATi fan unless i find a really good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom