buyng a computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you dont want to build, monarchcomputers can build it for you. We can set one up for you if you give us a budget and exact needs: ie do you need a keyboard, monitor, etc......

thanks ..but

hi

thanks for all your replies

i cant build a computer...because frankly i am really busy with grad school and work....at least for now

sooo..have to buy one...

ok..so no Dell..thats out

what about symantec..i think thats the name..from tigerdirect..

if you have any links to comps that i can order online like tigerdirect that would be great...just a good computer with no frills...

thanks

Its not symantec, its systemmax. Get emachines t6522 only avilable at circuit city. IT comes with amd 64 35000+ socket 939. 1GB PC3200, 200GB hard drive, DVD+_RW DL burner, windows mce, and tv-tuner. Package costs $700. Or HP A1130N, same specs,but with 2 drives, 2nd drive is dvd-rom. ALso comes with 250gb hard drive. Both uses ati 200m chipset with pci-express card. HP doesn't come with tv tuner. Either one would be a good choice.

Roger

I think it's pretty clear guys that he just wants to buy it and be done with it. Building isn't for everyone, especially if you have other (time-consuming) concerns. Though I agree, he could do much better building on his own :).

With that said though, I suggest this Gateway computer:
http://www.gateway.com/products/GConfig/proddetails.asp?system_id=5310s&seg=hm

It's a very solid system for what you will be using it for. Comes with a 17" CRT monitor, keyboard, mouse, and I think 2 speakers with small sub. 512 ram, 2.93ghz P4, 80GB sata hd. Should definitely meet your needs. It is $599.99 shipped.

There was a lower model for $100 less with just 256mb ram less. I was thinking you could buy that and pop in the extra 256 ram yourself, because you definitely want 512. That takes all of 5 mintues to do, depending how easy the case door is to get off. However, they charge $100 to ship a desktop, so you may as well go with the already upgraded model and get free shipping. Only costs $.01 for the extra ram that way :).

HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TAHT NAME "GATEWAY"!!!!!!!!!!!! they suck cheap-o parts. Dude just go with a HP they are good and for what you want they will not break down as easy as "dell" and GATEWAY" WHICH IS THE WORST. So HP vote :D

Dark_Sniper* said:
HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TAHT NAME "GATEWAY"!!!!!!!!!!!! they suck cheap-o parts. Dude just go with a HP they are good and for what you want they will not break down as easy as "dell" and GATEWAY" WHICH IS THE WORST. So HP vote :D

Oh really? I happen to have a Gateway desktop that I purchased 6-7 years ago and it still runs excellent, having never broken-down. I also have a Gateway Centrino laptop that I bought about ten months ago. No problems with it either. It was even knocked off a ledge and fell 5 feet crashing down on to solid concrete and took only minor surface damage, still works like a charm. Neither of these seem like cheap products to me.

Not to mention, Gateway doesn't use proprietary parts that force you to use their company to upgrade. Dell and HP do. You can upgrade a Gateway yourself should you desire after a couple years.

As for HP, my friend had an HP laptop that he completely despised, for what reasons I cannot remember, but it forced him to sell it lol. Also, any HP desktops that I've used have seemed very slow for their listed specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom