windows vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
windows sucks anyway ..but given it a sucky name 2..now that stinks...
i realy wish there was a diffrent os..i mean if i can find all the software and games that i use on a diffrent os i would switched along time ago .
and what the hell i read tylers post i cant see anuthing cool about it its just xp but with more crap than ever.there is nothing usefull..
they should have stayed with longhorn at least the name was cool

Dont believe everything Tyler has said. I have tested it personally and so far it is good. Search is better, Graphics are better, just as easy to use as XP. Many things are good even with Beta 1. I will agree that the name sucks. They did have other choices to use. Some of them were Ruby, Seven, and View. Check here for an article...http://www.tweakvista.com/article38430.aspx

Umm, 2006 or 2007 (whenever it's coming out) would have been fine by me.

Why the hell would you complicate a perfectly good system of naming the OS? To compete with Mac's animal cracker names? I thought that when they released "longhorn"

"Damn, Apple has Panther out now."
"They're using REAL animals? We'll show them, we'll use animals from Lord of the Rings! Longhorn, *****!"

oh well. I'll still probably use 2kpro.

will let me aske you something dudes(i hope i am not stealing the thread)but what are you looking for in an os?

vista is not going to be worth $200 or even $300 worth of an upgrade over XP or even deserve much anticipation from most home users, heres a nice list to make xp work and look just like vista which will cost only a fraction of the price and from what i can tell of the beta1, using these programs in xp is pretty similar to most of the features that should be in vista final version and then some.

ive toyed around with vista beta a bit and i'm not saying vista is bad in any way, i'm saying its not worth all that money for what you get,its not like switching from xp to mac or linux, its not revolutionary, it doesnt change how people can interact with thier pc's, plus much of its features can be found in xp if you download all the right programs.

1> Longhorn transformation pack 10.5 free - all the wallpapers,themes,icons..etc found in vista
2> Dreamrender 2.19 shareware- uses graphics cards instead of cpu, a replacement for avalon - create/download 3d animated wallpaper/use videos,liquid effects for wallpaper/transparency..etc
3> Desktop X shareware - another simliar replacement for the avalon feature- 3d icons, wierd start bars and menus, apple icons/animated icons lots of stuff dedicated to eyecandy
4> Google desktop/coppernick/findfiles-free - of course these search utilities are not virtual folders like how vista's search works, these find whats on your drive pretty fast anyway.
5> Truelaunch bar -shareware-you can create virtual folders,combine shortcuts in groups..etc, replaces old quicklaunch
6> WinFX - shareware- different effects for menus
7> Armor tools/pcsecure/securexp...etc - replacements for vista's user account protection (which will be quickly hacked and taken advantage of)

so simply put its just a bundle of graphic..no more no less....
i meam since i read this threa i look on line and i dound nothing special about it beside its look which anyone can do by either creating or downloading thier own skin....so in the end they are just trying to make it look like apple...
but if you think about it for most people who dont have a top of the line computer and want to make it faster..they end up changing the look of xp to classic so all this crap is worth nothing....
insted of all this they should fix windows as an os not make it look better..

I think microsoft is just trying to target people who aren't very good with computers and don't know alot about the security holes. So they make a new good looking UI so those inexperienced will be all excited about something that isn't very much different from XP.

Okay you people are knocking an OS that is in BETA TESTING. It is only 1/3 of what it is going to be when it is released. I only say this cause i felt the same way for a long time but after trying it out and remembering that this is not the final product i took it with a grain of salt. No it doesnt have all the bells and whistles promised but remember we will NOT see everything that has been changed with this OS. Indigio is the communication manager that is for Vista. How do you propose we see that change? Avalon has made some leaps and bounds for the new OS to make it close to equal that of OS X. I am not saying that it deserves to be $200 or more i am just saying dont knock something we all know nothing about. We just see what we see and dont think of it from a programers point of view (Which Beta 1 is for the programmers). So honestly people right now Vista Beta 1 is not for us that is why it wasnt supposed to be released to the public. That is what Beta 2 will be for. As far as the Vista over XP all i can say is if people dont want to switch they dont have to just remember that XP wont be supported past 06 or 07. So if you have a problem that cant get answered on a forum M$ wont help you. But this is just my 2 cents dont have to believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom