What is the quietest computer case made??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 of Cooler Master's 120mm fans, I can not hear them at all, even when it's just them running. they don't push as much air as most 120mm fans, but if you're looking for quiet, Cooler Master's are really good.

also, as far as CD/DVD drives go, the LG 4163B is the quietest drive I know. it's a dual layer DVD burner that can burn at 16x, but you can barely hear it.

hard dries: Seagate makes the quietest drives IMO. if you have noisy hard drives, and you have the cash, I would recommend looking at Seagate hard drives.

vaderpro you are putting words in my mouth, please don't. I am not here to argue. The $1200 case that Trifid pointed out I think is overkill. ingeborgdot can you really afford to spend $1200 on just the case and power supply? This case uses a design where they make the case itself into a heatsink. those extra fins will cool the case a bit better than a regular steel or aluminum case but not enough to make much difference in making the case more quiet and not enough to justify the hefty price.

ingeborgdot take a look at their power supply, its completely fanless. which btw has nothing to do with the case deign. I was addressing the issue that the case and only the case itself has a big difference in making your pc quiet. You can buy fanless power supplies separately from several makers including antec. zalman is not a pioneer in the field of fanless PSU. Also please note at the bottom where they list mobo and other parts that are compatible with their system. This is the key to their "totally no noise" design. they are using heatpipes and other devices that dissapate heat passively. note that they tell you to remove the fans from the northbridge to install their heatpipes. You can buy these heatpipe components separately in many places. What I'm saying is that it would be a waste of money to buy a revolutionary totally quiet case when they are using technology that's been around for awhile and can be bought more cheaply separately.

What i was suggesting is to just use mostly fans designed to be quiet rather than using all passive cooling for everything. It makes little sense to me to spend over a grand instead of getting say a $30 thermaltake CPU fan , and etc for your cooling which are still just about whisper quiet as you can get. these are my opinions not my arguement, just to clarify. I'm not here to make trouble. I've been around this forum long enough to know better

ekÆsine said:
vaderpro you are putting words in my mouth, please don't. I am not here to argue. The $1200 case that Trifid pointed out I think is overkill. ingeborgdot can you really afford to spend $1200 on just the case and power supply?

Sry, confused here, I wasn't referring to you, ek, or putting words in your mouth, whatever, go off on your rant, inge got the replies he needed and purchased a p180, which is less than $150, cant be bothered to read the rest of your post.......l

Actually I got the all black one from endpcnoise.com. It cost 169 and free shipping over 199. I needed some more quiet fans and it cost over 199 so free shipping. I wanted black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom