Not open for further replies.

mayaseattle

In Runtime
hello

i want to buy a simple generic computer..any websites suggestion

all i do is excell..online stuff..

no gamer comps for me..:)

thanks so much

Even if you are just doing non-intensive stuff on a computer, I still recommend building one!

Now, if you are uncomfortable with the actual assembly of a computer, you can get your local computer shop to put it together for you. I still recommend choosing your own parts, though.

Have a look at this thread. It is my guide to building a computer!

If you want, I will make a special exception and find parts for you to use on a computer. Just tell me a budget, and give me a couple minutes, and I will get all the parts and links together for you:D

If you havent been able to tell, I really hate to see people passing up a custom built computer to buy a premade one:D

if you really really dont want to build one. The reason we say its better is because you have much more freedom in doing stuff, not for gaming nor whatever. If you want to just buy a computer you said you are only going to use it for. Excel and Internet get a DELL, or HP, i would go more with a HP then dell you can pick labtop or desktop.

Get a hp since you have no intentions of gaming.

Most of there machines are there one of the few manufactuers I don't have a problem with.

hp,compaq,dell,e-machines, no offense but they suck my pc is a hybrid. lol i built her shes my bitc!@| hahah i tell her what to do and she does it and shees extremley cheap. build it, all u need is motherboard 20 bucks hard drive 35 bucks cpu 50 bucks memory 40 bucks powersupply 25bucks cdrom 25 bucks ur done and that should suit u fine if u just surf internet and stuff, unless u did want to game which u could go with a low end fx5200 video card which is like 40 bucks

ok i didnt mean to include (DELL) in there i actually like dell they seem to build them computers with some sense. all the others are made in pakistan sweat shops i belive and built half as$ed haha i love picking on cheap computers

The experience in building your own computer is priceless. You'll be surprised how much you learn, and at the same time, how simple it is. If something breaks on your new computer, you'll have put it together, so you'll know how to fix it. It really helps you become well aquainted with your computer if you assemble it yourself. In addition, you'll more than likely save money and get a little nicer machine.

Ryan

burned-ati said:
hp,compaq,dell,e-machines, no offense but they suck my pc is a hybrid. lol i built her shes my bitc!@| hahah i tell her what to do and she does it and shees extremley cheap. build it, all u need is motherboard 20 bucks hard drive 35 bucks cpu 50 bucks memory 40 bucks powersupply 25bucks cdrom 25 bucks ur done and that should suit u fine if u just surf internet and stuff, unless u did want to game which u could go with a low end fx5200 video card which is like 40 bucks
a motherboard that's $20?

what did you build, a compy486?

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
The experience in building your own computer is priceless. You'll be surprised how much you learn, and at the same time, how simple it is. If something breaks on your new computer, you'll have put it together, so you'll know how to fix it. It really helps you become well aquainted with your computer if you assemble it yourself. In addition, you'll more than likely save money and get a little nicer machine.

Ryan
I agree. After building my machine, I was hooked. You learn an awful lot from your first build, and you'll realize it's not terribly difficult. You'll be able to trouble shoot, upgrade, and repair everything yourself, and if not you'll at least have an idea.

I definitely recommend attempting a build, even if it's not a gaming machine or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom