Dials then Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
A friend of mine has a old AT P2 Celeron 333mhz, 96mb Ram running XP. He uses dial up. His computer was clogged with spyware and virus's so i formatted and re-installed for him. I got everything working excep now when the computer is in the last stage of dialing the computer re-starts.

What are your recomendations (getting a new computer is not an option).

Wayne

waynejkruse10 said:
A friend of mine has a old AT P2 Celeron 333mhz, 96mb Ram running XP. He uses dial up. His computer was clogged with spyware and virus's so i formatted and re-installed for him. I got everything working excep now when the computer is in the last stage of dialing the computer re-starts.

What are your recomendations (getting a new computer is not an option).

Wayne
what do you mean by last stage of dialing(before it concets to the internet) it restarts...or does it crash

the last stage of dialing is where its just finished the verifing Username and Password, then the computer restarts.

what bout the modem drivers, try unintalling then reinstall it or maybe update...sounds like something it needed was lost from the reformat

solaris said:
what bout the modem drivers, try unintalling then reinstall it or maybe update...sounds like something it needed was lost from the reformat
is it was working before thaen i would say unintalling then reinstall the
modem drivers...cant think of anything ells

thats what i told him, i said that this machine inst supposted to run xp. Ill try re-installing the drivers, if that doesnt work, ill put on Windows 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom