DamonBoost

Beta member
Ok here are the specs on my notebook computer:
Compaq Presario 2700
Intel Pentium III
256 MB RAM
Windows XP with service pack 2

Here is my unfortunate problem:
Today I replaced the cooling fan inside of the laptop, as it was not functioning anymore. I thought the fan would be through the bottom, but after disassembling realized it was under the keyboard. I found and replaced the cooling fan but now I have bigger problems.

After putting everything back together the computer seems not to boot up with the power supply plugged in. It wont even get to the windows xp screen or the screen where the little curser blinks before it gets to the windows xp screen. It boots up for about 8 seconds. I see a "Compaq" logo pop up, the little white lined graphic at the bottom that turns into a solid line as it boots (usually just a second), then the computer shuts itself off (no blue screen or anything, just dead).. The computer WILL NOT get past this stage with the power supply plugged into the computer.

Now if I take the power supply out I can start up the computer normally most times, with no problems. When I plug the power supply in (to the computer not the wall) after starting the computer it doesnt shut down immediately, but has shut down a few times like the above mentioned. Just not at the start and not a set time when it does it (no blue screen or anything, just poof and dead)

I also noticed it took a while to uninstall a 109MB program using add/remove programs, about 10 minutes which it shut off right before finishing. I tried it again and it only took about 5 minutes. RAM or processor problem perhaps?

Any thoughts?

Ram could be your problem. XP is recommennod at 256 but more should be used. As far as not working with the Power Supply hooke dup did you break the connection from the Power supply to the mobo. I know it on the bottom and if it got severed in any way it wont work at all.

try reinstalling xp because if it booting up and u at least know it is running u might have just tripped a part of the softare and the comp thinks it has or doesnt have the necessary hardware to load....try it and reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom