hey all,
Just a few days ago i purchased a custom built computer with these specs:
ABIT AN8 ultra moter board PCI express ddr400 socket 939
Athlon 64 3800 socket 939
corsair twinX 2x512 mb 3200
LG burner
Seagate 200gig SATA hardDrive
GeCube X800-XL 256mb PCI express
(those are just the important parts i think, just ask if u need more info)
Well i've installed the game warcraft 3 reign of chaos but for some reason it randomly crashes my computer/restarting it when i play it. Thinking that this may have only happened to this game i tried unreal tournament 2004 demo to see how things went and a similar thing happened except occasionally it crashes to the desktop with an error. I'm gettin really frustrated and i cannot play a game as it restarts my computer randomly during gameplay. I was aiming to get world of warcraft but how the way things are going im not sure what im going to do. Anyone have any idea why this happens and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

well i've installed the drivers from the cd but how do i update? sorry im pretty new to this.

Check windows update see if it has any newer driver for you. Or go to device manager and then go to the manufacturers web site and see if they have any new drivers for you. If they do install them after that get a program that can monitor heat from you processor and/or video card. It sounds like your Video Card is overheating since it crashes only when playing games.

no dont do anything throught windows thats all garbage u go to the individual sites.but i dont think that gonna do it since i beleive you are sayin the your computer shuts down. if this is the case then u probably have the psu that came with the case. that psu is garbage. you dont have enought power man. go get a decnt PSU and u should be set but update drivers first.

ok cheers for that guys, well ill check out the the site for my radeon card(will i need to go to my motherboards site aswell for any updates?). Also where is device manager? Thanks again

Also, check out my guide to random reboots at the top of this section. That might give you some additional ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom