$3000 to spend, what company is best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
i have $3000 to spend, what company do u think will get me the best comp for this money

home build it....you can get a much better computer if you build it for the same cost as a manufacture...... just look around at the posts here and see what u can get...but for dang $3000 u can get a dannnggg nice rig

Falcon northwest or make it your self.

If you wana make it your self I can price you out an insanely quick machine.

Build it. It's easy if you read up on it, you will get a faster machine, and it will cost less. Doesn't take much reading to build one. 6-7 weeks ago I knew NOTHING about building a pc. 3 weeks ago I build mine and its running perfectly. So my advice to you, stick around, read up, find guides, ask questions, and dont rush through it. It took me 3-4 days to build mine(i could do it in 30-60 mins now). But I also had to wait 3 days on my video card before I could start system, lol.

Yeah man build it yourself, thats what I'm gonna do. For $3,000 I would get something like this:

mobo: DFI UT nF4
gpu: 7800gtx
cpu: 3700+ san diego
ram: 1GB OCZ rev 2 (or value ram if you don't want to OC)
psu: Thermaltake Silent Pure Power 680W
hdd: x2 WD raptor 74GB 10,000 rpm
sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Zs

that would only set you back about $1,700 bucks so you'd still have $1,300 for case, monitor, and speakers.

try getting a setup like that from a manufacturer for $3.000. :cool:

mobo: DFI UT nF4
gpu: 7800gtx
cpu: 3700+ san diego
ram: 1GB OCZ rev 2 (or value ram if you don't want to OC)
psu: Thermaltake Silent Pure Power 680W
hdd: x2 WD raptor 74GB 10,000 rpm
sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Zs

Not bad. But I'd snag a bigger CPU, or a top end dual.

Forget the Raptors. The price to performance ratio just ain't high enough for something that my human senses wouldn't pick up. For the price of one you can get two Seagate SATA HDs with NCQ. RAID them and you get almost the same performance for half the cost.

What're you planning on doing with this computer? Like everyone else, I would recommend building it yourself. You will get a better computer for cheaper, and will be able to make sure you get exactly what you want.

Trotter said:
Forget the Raptors. The price to performance ratio just ain't high enough for something that my human senses wouldn't pick up.

Yeah, as an owner of one I can tell you it isn't worth it. If you really want to get a fast drive and are willing to spend, then get one (or 2) of Seagate's 15,000rpm SCSI's. Thats what will get you speed.

But if anyone around here really wants a 37gb raptor, I'd have no problem parting with it after i get some data...

hey man build it yourself trust me. my system doesnt really sound that great ( specs in sig) so i overclock it to get a performance boost but can u imagine if walmart sold a system like mine they would want like 800$$ lol mainly because my video card, but i can rebuild my system for like 400 maybe 350 and if i increase my memory to 1 gig i can run any game at almost highest settings, so i suggest not buying from and place like dell, all those already built companies. but building your self will proubly save u like 500 dollars if your spending all that 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom