TIF file association with Microsoft Office Document Imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave102429

Beta member
How do I associate opening a TIF file within Internet Explorer v6.0 with "Microsoft Office Document Imaging" on Windows XP?

Here's the scenario.

Within Windows Explorer on Windows XP, I can double click on a *.tif file and Microsoft Office Document Imaging will open and display the *.tif file. This works fine and as expected. The file association is correct.

But, I'm viewing a database application (Onyx Employee Portal v5.0) that uses Internet Explorer as an interface. Within this Internet Explorer interface, there is a link to a *.tif file. When I click on the link, another Internet Explorer window appears, I see the QuickTime logo appear for a second, then the TIF file appears within the Internet Explorer window. But, I don't want to view the TIF file with Internet Explorer. I want to view the TIF file with Microsoft Office Document Imaging. How do I make my computer understand this?

Thanks,
Dave

Its because its not really tif you are opening. If you are clicking a link to the tif then you are really opening a hyperlink more so than a tif file. So what you could so is right click on the link and do a "Save target as" then save the tif to your desktop which would then open it properly.

Thanks for the response. I figured it out. I found a "QuickTime Settings" window where I discovered QuickTime was the default application to view TIFF files via a Browser Plug-in. Basically, I selected Start > Control Panel > QuickTime > "Browser Plug-in" from the drop down menu > MIME Settings button > expand "Images - Still image files" > Uncheck the box for "TIFF image file" > OK > close remaining windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom