New Computer Build Question Video Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
mathwizard314 said:
You may have seen my former post about video display problems - well, I figured out it had to do with the CPU. Two pins broke off of it. However, I plugged it in correctly this time to the motherboard and it appears as if the computer is starting as it should? Is it fine then? Is the processor going to be slow since it has two pins missing? Before I stuck the processor back in, I put two metal wires into the empty holes where the missing pins would have been placed. The BIOS is detecting the processor properly and it's formatting the hard drive as we speak.

My question is - is the processor ok and is this safe? Is the performance going to be hindered by missing two pins? Thank you for your assistance!

The processor is defiantly not safe

yea its really not safe to do that i mean still how did you do that if it came like that, take it back the compay will have to send you a new one.

well im not sure exactly how it happened - i pulled the processor out of the socket to insure it was installed right (since i could never get it to display properly) and i looked at the pins and two were barely hanging on (as soon as i touched them to try to correct them a bit they fell off). Should I take it back out and try to send back the processor to NewEgg?

Also, when you say it's unsafe, what exactly is it capable of doing? A fire or burning out other components?

Thank you again for all of your help with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom